2016: A Fantastic Year for Pick and Challenge
2016 turned out to be a big year for Pick and Challenge as both channels produced impressive viewing figures and demonstrated significant increases year-on-year.
Challenge and Pick are free to air (FTA) channels, helping Sky to reach viewers it wouldn’t otherwise connect with. The results of 2016 demonstrate that these channels continue to appeal to large audiences and generate substantial viewing figures.
Here are the headlines…
Pick is home to instantly enjoyable telly including drama and real life emergency programmes.
- In 2016, Pick stepped up a gear vs. its competition and grew its volumes for the first time in 4 years. To illustrate this, Pick ranked 14th place in Freeview homes. In terms of share of viewing Pick rated higher than BBC4, Quest, Yesterday, ITV4, 5STAR and Spike.
- New shows, Air Ambulance ER and Murders that Shocked the Nation, drew in the highest audiences to the channel, since the launch of Z Nation in 2015.
- Existing series continued to satisfy viewers with season 9 of Monkey Life up 17% on the previous season, and the third season of Z Nation bringing in audiences that were +52% on the programme slot average.
Challenge is the home of Game Shows, featuring the very best of modern, most loved and physical game shows.
- 2016 saw Challenge grow its share in Freeview homes to its highest levels since 2012.
- Challenge achieved its second best Christmas performance ever, with viewing figures peaking on 27th December 2016 – no doubt providing family entertainment over the festive period!
- The Chase on New Year ’s Day attracted 279k viewers, the best performance on the show on Challenge to date, and the best performance of any gameshow on Challenge since 2012.
- The channel continues to move from strength-to-strength as January 2017 recorded Challenge’s second most successful month ever (in terms of viewing figures).
If you’d like to know more about Pick and Challenge, and upcoming shows or opportunities, then please get in contact with us.