Our video spec is the same for all digital video across Sky’s entire IP and App portfolio. Sky Media will perform all required transcodes in house, created from one high quality video. This will remove all non-transferable video standards from the delivery chain and save agencies time and effort.
There are 2 options to supply video assets for SkyGo, SkyGo Linear, My5 or for our Apps and websites.
Delivery of the Video Copy:
- Through Adstream, Honeycomb or IMD – This is the most common and preferred method.
The easiest way to supply us with video files is to deliver through Adstream, Honeycomb or IMD.
Please supply the master video files to conform to their specification and they can deliver the assets to Sky Online HD.
- Direct Supply
Definitions and recommended mezzanine specification.
(The *Total Data Rate includes the Video and Audio streams)
- Video Format / Codec: MP4 using H.264 Codec
- Video Data Rate: 7.7 mbps (7680kbps) The more kilobits per second (kbps), the better the movie quality, this is key to ensuring quality is maintained when transcoding to lower video specs for the web or mobile.
- Optimized for: Download since we will be transcoding here at Sky Media.
- Optimized for Web and Mobile: Video has to have De-Interlaced and / or Progressive settings selected
NB: Streaming – This setting tells the codec how much the data rate can vary above and below the data rate you choose. For online it package up the video into chunks of around 10 seconds, this optimises the amount of data you phone needs to ensure the smoothest play back of the video.
Image Size: 1280×720, this is a HD specific frame size and is necessary to ensure advertising copy is transferable across Sky’s Product landscape.
- Preserve Aspect Ratio: If you are changing the image size from 4×3 to 16×9 for example.
- Use this option to specify an option in case the movie needs to be scaled to the new dimensions. Letterbox will scale the source proportionally to fit into the clean aperture, adding black bars to the top and bottom or sides as necessary
- Crop centres, scales, and trims to the clean aperture.
- Fit within Dimensions adjusts to the destination size by fitting to the longest side, scaling if necessary.
- Frame Rate: PAL 25 fps
- Key Frame: Every 10 frames the more often you specify a key frame (the lower the number), the better the video quality, but the bigger the file size.
- Video Options, you get the following additional options: Main Profile
- Encoding Mode: Best quality
- Crop all overscan
- Total Data Rate: 8 MBPS (8000kbps)
Optimized for Web and Mobile: Video has to have De-Interlaced and / or Progressive settings selected
The supplied video must not contain a countdown clock – it should be the complete video ad only.
Total Data Rate: 8 MBPS (8000kbps)
BEST QUALITY: Dependent on the capabilities of the video editing / encoding software.
Please supply all Digital Video Assets copy at least 5 working days before campaign start date. Failure to do so may result in the campaign starting late.
Tags: We accept 3rd party impression and click tracking tags
All Advertising and Creative agencies will be required to provide all VoD copy with Clearcast approvals to Sky Media. This is due to Sky’s linear TV commitments as many of the products on offer are linked directly to linear programme transmissions and therefore governed by the ATVOD rules.
Clearcast approvals will be matched to CAP and BCAP codes before we will acknowledge the campaign to be published.
All video copy must carry a Clearcast approved Clock number, including rich media and vast tags that contain video adverts, or trailers for video games, movies or apps to be advertised on Sky’s platforms and network of sites.
Clearcast will clear anything that is “TV ad like” both for broadcast and Video on demand.
If you intend to run a campaign on SkyGoLinear, it must have Linear Clearcast approval.
Clearcast do not clear Banner ads or scrolling Ads featured on websites.
Failure to do so will result in your content being rejected, with detailed explanations to allow for the necessary amendments. We will not accept responsibility for any additional production costs incurred by such changes or delays in scheduling the advert or promotion.